Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ulaanbaatar city

Welcome to my blog :) It's my second post.
Writing about city where I live.

Ulaanbaatar
(Улаанбаатар), also Ulan Bator or simply just UB, is the capital and, with a population of around 1,000,000, also the largest city in Mongolia. In fact, according to recent estimates, this means approximately 1/3 of the country lives here. It is located just east of the center of the country.

I copied this sentenceses from wikipedia. Now population of UB is in increasing fastly. Because herdsman's life in Mongolia is very very hard.
Winter temprature is about -20°C to -40°C (-70°F to - 100) in the Mongolia. Yes it's minus. And plus I think that now Mongolian economy and politics are very bad. There are much corruption in politics. Politician's brains are not good hehe.

Now is very cold time in Mongolia. Very very cold. I like cold ;-) I love snow and ice. But we need gas masks.



Now here is no more blue sky :( Although in countryside has fresh air, and blue sky. I will post pictures my next post.

Now people named Ulaanbaatar to Utaanbaatar. Utaa is meaning fume and baatar is meaning hero in Mongolian language.



There aren't any nuclear power station. I think that we need nuclear power plant. What do you think about this?

And Welcome to travel to my country.


Related links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulan_Bator
http://wikitravel.org/en/Ulaanbaatar

No comments:

Post a Comment